Episode 37: Show Notes
Do you wish you could be more productive? Our modern life makes it so easy to be a victim of “shiny object syndrome”. Also, mindlessly scrolling on IG or Facebook isn’t helping us live our best lives either. We want you to work smarter, not harder, and part of that is mastering your personal productivity. This week, we bring you tips to increase your productivity and talk about productivity resolutions we are making for 2019. Listen in, and become more productive in just 39 minutes!
Listen on Apple
- Get rid of distractions! Don’t work with your phone on your desk. Turn off phone notifications. Anything that dings at you or makes a noise needs to be silent while working.
- To-do Lists are King! Whether you making a monthly, weekly, or daily to-do list, it’s best to write it down and get it out of your head and onto paper.
- Multi-tasking isn’t real. Don’t get caught up in the Superwoman status of a multi-tasker. Mono-tasking is where it’s at.
- Consider Batch Scheduling.
- Try the Pomodoro Technique – 25 minutes of work followed by a 5-minute break.
- Eat the Frog: Mark Twain once said that if the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long. Your “frog” is your biggest, most important task, the one you are most likely to procrastinate on if you don’t do something about it.
- Consider only checking your email once or twice a day. Use an autoresponder to remind clients of the timeframes.
- Touch-it-Once email method (TIO): The basic idea behind “touch it once” is that whenever you get an incoming task in front of you, you decide right away what to do with it.
- Create a morning routine and a nighttime routine that serves you and your life (outside of your business) well.
(This section may contain affiliate links.)
- “Writer” plug-in for Google Chrome browser
- News Feed Eradicator for Facebook
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy
- The 4 Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8 AM) by Hal Elrod
- Boomerang for Gmail
- Pat Flynn’s Morning Routine
- Coffitivity: Coffitivity recreates the ambient sounds of a cafe to boost your creativity and help you work better.
Thanks for Listening!
To help us out …
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow our account on Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Group – Rock Your Wedding Biz Podcast Insiders.
- Sign up for our email newsletter to get updates when new episodes go live!
- Send us an email with topic suggestions or general feedback.
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!