Episode 41: Show Notes
Have you ever stopped to think about what would happen if you were suddenly unable to work? It’s a scary thought, right? Well, it’s what happened to this weeks guest, wedding planner Margaux Fraise, and she’s here to tell us how she not only survived but thrived – and overcame her emergency situation. With a little forethought and preparation, you can safeguard your biz against the unexpected as well. Find out how, right now!
Listen on Apple
Our Guest – Margaux Fraisé
Margaux is the Owner + Creative Director or Harmony Creative Studio, a boutique wedding planning firm located in Los Angeles, California. She loves minimal style with a twist, anything chocolate and watching episodes of ‘The West Wing” over and over. She has been happily married to her husband Chad since 2012, and together they have an adorable terrier mix named Clarence who basically runs their life. She is also a Wedding Biz Educator + Motivational Speaker, ‘ENTJ’ and recovering fashion addict. You can find Margaux on Instagram here.
- Evaluate the health of your business (workflow, employees, systems, finances).
- Figure out your business insurance needs. Don’t wait until an emergency happens to ensure anything you need to do your job – physical equipment especially.
- Work with an insurance broker to determine your specific insurance needs – both business insurance and medical insurance.
- Prepare! Make sure your systems and processes are in order in case of emergency.
- Take a good, long look at your contract. Make sure you have language that specifically addresses emergencies (force majuere, etc).
- Figure out how to alter your day-to-day behavior to stay positive and productive.
- Once you are out of the woods with your emergency situation, be sure to reflect on what you can do to prepare for the future.
- Re-asses your business needs and wants and go back to the beginning: Evaluation.
(This section may contain affiliate links)
- Be Inspired PR
- Aisle Planner (Get 25% off your 1st 3 months)
- Honeybook (Get 50% off your subscription)
- Hiscox Business Insurance
- Ep 38: Top 6 Hacks of Successful Creatives
- Get Margaux’s Evaluation worksheet here: bit.ly/mxworstcase
Thanks for Listening!
To help us out …
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow our account on Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Group – Rock Your Wedding Biz Podcast Insiders.
- Sign up for our email newsletter to get updates when new episodes go live!
- Send us an email with topic suggestions or general feedback.
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!