Episode 48: Show Notes
We’re sure that by now, you’ve peeped The Knot’s new logo and branding. And we’re pretty sure you have feelings about it. We know we do! On this week’s episode, we talk about how to do a Brand Refresh – which is JUST what The Knot just did. A slight tweak to your logo, colors, tag line, or even just changing up the font can make a huge difference in your biz. We dive in deep and give you actionable steps to give your brand a mini-makeover! Listen in and buy a new lipstick for your brand!
Listen on Apple
- A brand refresh is like a mini-makeover for your brand: a new logo, a new color story, a new tag line. And maybe just one of these, not all.
- Poll your colleagues, friends, and former clients and ask them for three words that describe your brand and your business. Does this align with your branding?
- Consumers become very brand loyal. Changing your logo might inspire strong feelings in your audience, which isn’t a bad thing.
- Consider changing all the photos on your website, as a brand refresh.
- Also, consider writing a new brand story. Refreshing the copy (the words) on your website is also a brand refresh!
- Ask: “If my logo were a person, what would it say?”
(This section may contain affiliate links)
- To Be or Knot To Be? by Under Consideration (view the different The Knot logos here)
- Rebrand? Brand refresh or redesign? by Creative Company
- Episode 5: How to Do a Brand Audit
- People Hate Olive Garden’s New Logo by Business Insider
- Good Design vs Good Branding: Tropicana Case Study
- The Knot’s New Logo is All About Your Bespoke, Totally Casual Wedding Day, by Fast Company
- Ep 47: Working with Gen Z
Thanks for Listening!
To help us out …
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow our account on Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Group – Rock Your Wedding Biz Podcast Insiders.
- Sign up for our email newsletter to get updates when new episodes go live!
- Send us an email with topic suggestions or general feedback.
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!