Episode 54: Why Style and Design Matter for Your Events
Wedding pros, how much do you know about design? How about the proper way to set a table? Or, maybe you’re wondering why this matters? Good design is part form, part function, and absolutely can be learned … or refined. We are joined today by Robin Baab Olascoaga of Ro & Co. Events, who breaks down the elements of design, how to shepherd your clients along their design journey, and how to refine your own design eye – whether you’re a planner, photographer, florist, or any other wedding pro. Let’s get visual, intentional, and dive into this week’s awesome episode! Let’s go, Rock Stars!
Listen on Apple
Our Guest – Robin Baab Olascoaga
Robin Baab Olascoaga is the Founder, Creative Director, and Principal Planner at Ro & Co. Events, a Los Angeles-based, event planning, design, and production company. Her degree in journalism and 20+ year career in hospitality and creative professional services (architecture, package design and image consulting) prepared her for her ultimate dream job of planning and designing events. After producing hundreds of events, her mission remains the same: to infuse heart, soul, care, and intention into every moment and to use thoughtful hospitality and meticulous attention to detail to create extraordinary experiences for those celebrating.
Robin’s expertise and events have been featured in the top wedding and lifestyle publications including Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, The Knot, C Weddings, Destination I Do, Refinery 29, My Domaine, Glamour, Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, 100 Layer Cake and many more.
As a strong believer in building community over competition, Robin’s passion is to share her decade of wisdom in the event industry with the next crop of emerging planners, event professionals, and entrepreneurs. Her new E-Course: Creative & Resourceful Tablescape Design and Styling helps event professionals up their tablescape game, and their credibility, in the industry.
- Why you can’t just focus on “the pretty” when designing an event.
- The three key components that will elevate any event.
- Find out what the intangible elements of an event are, and why they matter.
- Tips to elevate the design of a tablescape when you’re on a tight budget.
(This section may contain affiliate links)
- Creative & Resourceful Tablescape Design & Styling E-Course (15% off coupon code at checkout: RYWB15)
- Ro & Co Events Instagram
- Modern Napkin Fold by Martha Stewart
Thanks for Listening!
To help us out …
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow our account on Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Group – Rock Your Wedding Biz Podcast Insiders.
- Sign up for our email newsletter to get updates when new episodes go live!
- Send us an email with topic suggestions or general feedback.
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!