Episode 44: Show Notes
We all know we should be creating content pretty much 24/7. But what do you do when you don’t have enough photos to show off your skills? This week we chat with Serena Waller, owner of Pops of Pretty, a new stock photo service specifically for wedding pros! Have you ever used stock photos before? Not sure how to start? Serena gives us her best tips and tricks on how to use stock photos to organically express you and your brand, and you guys, this is GOLD. Listen now!
Listen on Apple
Serena began her career in the wedding industry as a catering sales manager. After several years working with venues, she moved into hospitality sales management where she helped train and develop sales leaders for fortune 500 companies. After settling into married & parenting life, she came back to the wedding industry via a publication company with a wedding magazine. During this time, she identified a need for industry professionals to develop and maintain a consistent online presence for today’s couples. She’s a taco-loving, coffee drinking, nap obsessed #boymom (of one) and wife that enjoys hiking, traveling, camping, yoga, flowers, organizing, reading, online shopping, dreaming big and most currently, Orange Theory Fitness. She loves bubbly (champagne, sparkling water and beer) and is always up for an adventure. And she has the world’s biggest sweet tooth and thinks the best part about a wedding, aside from the cake, is the moment a couple locks eyes for the first time from one end of the aisle to the other. She also happens to still cry at every wedding – even the ones she only sees pictures of.
- Stock photos are a great way to supplement your content on social media and blog posts.
- Be sure to add your own caption when you post a stock photo; you can tell a personal story even if you didn’t take the photo!
- When you don’t know what to say in your IG comment, default to education. There can never be enough thought leadership in the wedding industry!
- You cannot just use any photo you find on Google!
- When you license a stock photo you can edit it to match your branding.
(This section may contain affiliate links)
- Pops of Pretty (get your free challenge info here!)
- Haute Stock
- Elle & Co
- Delegate & Elevate (Serena’s VA company)
Come see us in person!
Thanks for Listening!
To help us out …
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow our account on Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Group – Rock Your Wedding Biz Podcast Insiders.
- Sign up for our email newsletter to get updates when new episodes go live!
- Send us an email with topic suggestions or general feedback.
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!