Episode 49: Do NOT Price Shop Your Competition!
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been told the best way to set your price is to find out what others in your market are charging. Yeah, it used to be the way people did business. But honestly? It’s an outdated and old fashioned way to set your prices. More importantly, it’s completely inaccurate. We break down what you should do instead, and set you up for financial success! Also, listen to the end because we have a cool announcement – we are starting a Book Club, and we picked our first book. Listen in to get all the details!
Listen on Apple
- Instead of basing your pricing on your fellow vendor’s rates, you need to do the work to figure out what YOU need to be charging.
- Price Shopping is an old-fashioned, outdated method.
- Strive to have honest conversations about price with your fellow vendors.
- Once you have other vendor’s pricing information, do not use that info to undercut them.
- Kristin Kaplan’s Pricing Workbook
- Rising Tide Society Map
- Cause We Can Events
- The Refine Community for Wedding Planners (Facebook Group)
(This section contains affiliate links)
We are reading “The Big Leap” for our very first book club selection, and will discuss it during our April 24 episode! If you would like to read along with us, you can purchase a copy of the book through Amazon here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help us out …
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow our account on Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Group – Rock Your Wedding Biz Podcast Insiders.
- Sign up for our email newsletter to get updates when new episodes go live!
- Send us an email with topic suggestions or general feedback.
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!